Oz and NZ on my own!!

Discover the Alpine scenery, great walks and Maori culture of New Zealand. Learn about ancient aboriginal cultures, remote islands, endemic wildlife, vast deserts and stunning beaches of Australia. Delve into the diverse islands, peoples, landscapes and festivals of the paradise known as the South Pacific.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Oz and NZ on my own!!

Postby janine7j » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi!

I am going to be in Australia from 14th December till the beginning of Feb when I will go to New Zealand for a month. At the moment I have just got my flights and 2 short trips from Sydney to Adelaide booked before the New Year...other than that I have nothing planned yet! I will also be on my own so Id love some advice from anyone doing the same sort of thing or has done it before...

- is it quite easy to just sort trips/buses/accomodation when I get there or better to book before?

-I want to do the East Coast but am not sure if its best to get a hop on hop off bus pass or book a tour..also any ideas on how much I should budet for if I just want to take a bus in my own time and book accomodation alng the way.

-anyone going to be there are the same time??!

Thanks!
x
janine7j
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Oz and NZ on my own!!

Postby beavis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi,

It is pretty easy to book accommodation and all other stuff, of course during Christmas and New Year will be more difficult, but it should be a problem in general.

I will still be in Melbourne until mid Jan to travel around the world, just let me know if you need more specific info.

Cheers
beavis
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Oz and NZ on my own!!

Postby ping_n.i » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:23 pm

hey im going to be landing in perth on the 14th of december, after a few weeks travelling down thailand and singapore. i have a hostel booked for a little while then gonna travel the north and down the east coast to melboure hopefully someway to start a job after new years. i have the hop on hop off bus ticket that someone was on about but dnt know whether im gonna use the whole thing, id love to wing some of it maybe get a cheap campervan for some of it yano.

if youve any ideas or stuff gimme a shout, peace out iain, munki_2006@hotmail.co.uk
ping_n.i

Return to New Zealand, Australia & the South Pacific