ATID090829:Indochina discovery

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ATID090829:Indochina discovery

Postby stacie26 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi everyone, ive just signed up for the indochina discovery leaving bangkok on the 29th august.

just wandering if theres anyone out there who's also doing the trip then?? if not, then is there anyone who can tell me abit more about the trip cos im soooo excited!!! x

stacie
stacie26
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ATID090829:Indochina discovery

Postby gmarshall » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Hey Stacie!

i've also booked the Indochina discovery trip, but i depart 15th of August! Like you i am also excitied as it looks an amazing trip! most looking forward to visiting Angkor and Vietnam, but everyday looks like a great experience! Are you going on your own on the trip? are you going anywhere after the trip?

Speak soon!

GARY
gmarshall

Postby stacie26 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:23 pm

hi gary,

thanks for the reply, i agree, everyday looks awesome! when the trip ends, ive got 2 wks doing my own thing really before my sister meets in me in singapore mid october. after there, we're off to borneo and then spending 3 months doing oz, nz and fiji! what about u? whats the rest of your trip like? have u sorted out your vietnam visa? i ordered mine through STA travel which is who i booked my trip with, and i had an email through saying the documents are pending but im not sure what else i need to do for it?

stacie
stacie26

Postby gmarshall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Hey Stacie!

i'm doing almost the same as yourself! after the trip i got around three weeks to myself, planning to spend some time in Southern Thailand. I'm then doing the Roam Bangkok to Singapore trip then on the Melbourne OZ around Novemeber, staying with Friends there, then onto NZ around Feb 2010, planning to stay with family i've got in christchurch, then i'm going to South America, Chile then onto Peru, Rio then Home!

Only visa i've got so far is my Oz working VISA, it took around two weeks to finalise so if you give it a bit of time it will probally go through! i've still to Apply for Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, but i'll probablly go through STA who i've organised most of my trip with.

What part of your trip you most excited/nervous about?

Gary
gmarshall

Postby stacie26 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm

wow your trip sounds amazing!!

so how long are u away for altogether? with regards to the visas, i thought we can apply for the cambodia/laos ones at the time of entry?

im excited about all of it really! im quite lucky because the first month that im doing thailand i'll be with one of my friends. then ive got the month on the trip then ive got 3 months by myself, so im excited about it all cos its all gonna be different!

where abouts are u from? have u met anyone on here that will be on your trip? im definately excited to meet everyone else!
stacie26

Postby gmarshall » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:49 pm

hey stacie!

i'm going to be away for around 10 to 11 months may stretch it to a year, its a long time, tough being away for so long, but i'll think i'll manage!

i'm going to try and get most visas sorted before i go, just to save any problems going over some borders, but sure it will be fine!

yeh i'm doing the same myself spending time with groups, with friends and family and on my own, get a the best of all experiences!

i'm from Glasgow, Scotland, where are you from yourself?

Gary
gmarshall

Postby galliho » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey Stacie

Just been having a flick through the page and noticed we are on the same trip. Looks like you are going to have put up with my girlfriend and I for a while. We are both 22 and come from just outside London. This is our first port of call on a year long trip around the world. We are both very excited and cannot wait to get going.

I see you are travelling through southern thailand after the tour. Have you made any plans?

Speak soon

Adam and Helen x
galliho

Postby stacie26 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 pm

hi guys, so pleased to hear from someone that will be on the same tour as me!

well me...im 21 and come from Guernsey, channel islands. (not many people know where it is!!)

so what are your plans after then? ive basically got 2 wks after the tours finishes to head down to singapore where i'll be meeting my sister in mid october. i wud have already done thailand so may do the majority of those 2 wks in malaysia but just gonna see how it goes and see whos around really!

im so excited about the trip! its not something i had originally planned to do but im so glad im doing it now! and id much rather travel round the 3 countries with others rather than by myself!
stacie26

Postby galliho » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey Stacie,

Yea we know where Guernsey is. My (this is adam speaking) family originate from Jersey and Helen's cousin lives there so we know the channel islands. Even though neither of us have ever been there!

Well we arrive in Bangkok two days before the tour starts and intend on putting our feet up. After the tour we have about a month to travel to singapore. The only thing we really would like to do between Bangkok and Singapore is the full moon party at Koh Phangan on 4th October.

Adam and Helen x
galliho

Postby rebecca20 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello im going with sta travel on the indochina trip on the 26th of august then to oz
rebecca20

Postby jen148 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:31 pm

http://indochina-discovery.blogspot.com/

^^I created this blog as a diary of my time on the tour^^.
It has pics, commentary etc, and I think it's a great tool for anyone considering the tour to view...check it out!
Thanks,
Jen
jen148

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge