Question for people who have done the Greek Sailing..

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Question for people who have done the Greek Sailing..

Postby MichelleBaxter » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm not leaving till August, but I want to be nice and prepared so I'm making my checklists of everything to bring now.

Is there anything you brought you wish you didn't bring? Things you should have brought? How important is it to have a pair of shoes that can be used for hiking/non-slip on the sailboat? The trip dossier says to bring a cover/plastic bags for backpacks.. is that really needed? How about a flashlight?

I'm going to be staying three additional days in Athens prior to the sailing trip so I just want to make sure I have everything.. but that I don't over pack.

Thanks!
MichelleBaxter
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Question for people who have done the Greek Sailing..

Postby vinnie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 pm

You normally do not wear shoes when on the boat. I have never known anyone who had hiking boots on the boat. Normal street shoes will work fine. This is because you spend most of your time in port (in a town) or on the beach rather than out in the wilds hiking.

I would skip the cover for the backpack unless yours is dirty. I always take a snall flashlight on every trip even if I am in large cities.
vinnie
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Question for people who have done the Greek Sailing..

Postby mrtech » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:09 am

Just got back from a 10 day sailing tour with Gap and loved it! I didn't need a cover for my backpack since it never rained. As for shoes, I had sandals, a pair of running shoes, and a casual/dressy pair for dinners. Feel free to ask any questions.

Have fun.
mrtech

Return to Europe