Ethiopian Discovery

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Ethiopian Discovery

Postby 24069545 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Went to north ethiopia last year & now going to the south.
anyone else booked or been before with hints on the trip
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Ethiopian Discovery

Postby sarah.d » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 am

I am probably on the ETHIOPIA DISCOVERY (DES) tour departing in August, ...I just have to save some money and book. When are you planning to go?
sarah.d

Postby garyineurope » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 am

Hi,
I did this tour a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. Send me a message if you have any questions. Make sure to bring some warm clothing for the evenings. Go to a bank in Addis and get lots and lots of 1 bills. You'll need them to take photos of the tribes. And... take photos. The biggest regret from most of the people on the tour was that they didn't take many photos because you have to pay 20,30 cents...
Have fun! It's an amazing country...
Gary
garyineurope
User Rank: Weekender

Postby shanne » Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I just did this trip in March. My best advice would be to talk to people, and if they don't speak English (which a lot don't) don't let it stop you from trying. You can get caught up in taking pictures and forget to actually try to connect with people. One of the girls in my group always had her phone with her and would often turn on music and just start dancing with everyone (especially the kids). Just have fun!
shanne

Return to Africa and Middle East