Panama anyone

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Panama anyone

Postby restandrelaxation » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:56 pm

I am leaving for Costa Rica and Panama next week. I am pretty excited but have yet to hear from anyone who has ever been to panama and what to expect...anyone out there?

R&R
restandrelaxation
User Rank: Daytripper

Panama

Postby lindamae » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 pm

I spent a week there in January. It's very non-touristy - more so than any place I've ever been. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. When you get away from the canal zone everything is pretty shabby and run-down. What few tourists I saw were Spanish-speaking. Lots of birds and unique wildlife (like Costa Rica without all the hype).
lindamae

Postby restandrelaxation » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 am

Thanks for the info. I am on my way on Tuesday. Hopefully I will find some beauty in the country :D Curious if you traveled with GAP or on your own.
restandrelaxation

Panama

Postby lindamae » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:46 pm

I know the GAP trip you mean. It's sounds tempting. I went to Panama with Elderhostel because I was traveling with my elderly Dad that trip. Their trip focus was on the canal itself and it was actually very good but I'd like to go back and focus on wildlife someday. Have a great time!
lindamae

Return to South America