Inland & Amazon (Ecuador) question

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Inland & Amazon (Ecuador) question

Postby worldtravelguy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi there,
I'm planning for my Inland & Amazon trip this September and hoping I can get some advice from people who have done this trip already or who have been to Ecuador in general.

1. I have 2 extra days before and 2 extra days after, so I'm trying to figure out what to see and do in Quito that's not covered in the tour already. Does anyone know if Cotaplaxi, Quilotoa (Crater Loop), Mindo cloud forest and Equator Line/Middle of the Earth are covered on this trip? I'm planning on doing Puerto Lopez on my extra days after the tour.

2. How is the weather in September? I hear it's a bit chilly at times but reasonably warm and not too hot. Do you have any recommendations on what to pack other than what's on the tour checklist?

Any tips and help is appreciated. :)

Also, Israel Explorer :)
worldtravelguy
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Inland & Amazon (Ecuador) question

Postby darwyn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Hola!

I'm going on this tour as well, and have booked 2 day tours prior to our start date of Sept 2. I don't believe Cotopaxi, the Equator museum, or the Mindo cloud forest are included on the tour - I went with the first two to do pre-trip, and I'm considering Mindo for one of my free days post-trip.

I just met a lady from Ecuador and she told me to expect both cold and hot weather (depending on whether we're in the Andes or jungle) so I'm packing for both! She suggested a poncho as well for those who don't care about fashion.

I don't know what to say about dressing for mudslides and earthquakes however...

Countdown is on!!
darwyn
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to South America