End of the Earth

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

End of the Earth

Postby nassernasir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:38 pm

I will be joining this trip from Canada and staying 3 extra days in Buenos Aires following the trip. Any suggestion for places to visit in the city? :idea:
Nasser
nassernasir
User Rank: Weekender

Re: End of the Earth November17

Postby markmol » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:14 am

hi, there is lots to do in BA, there is La Boca district with it's colourful buildings, the cemetery at Recoleta with its amazing above ground vaults, if you are there on a Sunday the street markets of San Telmo are a must see, there is an old theatre that is turned into a bookstore called El Ateneo.
At night catch a tango show. If you have time a day trip to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. great place to spend a few days before the splendours of Patagonia
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: End of the Earth

Postby nassernasir » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Thank you Mark
These are awesome tips. I will certainly explore the city. My Previous trip to Everest basecamp was awesome and it was great to see local culture. Looking forward for my trip to Patagonia! Thanks again
Nasser
nassernasir

Return to South America