Absolute Peru.... stop in Ica??

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Absolute Peru.... stop in Ica??

Postby travelbug88 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:16 am

Can anyone who has done the 'Absolute Peru' trip tell me if you get a chance to stop in Ica, visit the wineries and see Huacachina on the journey from Paracas to Nazca?

The Itinerary states 'Back on land, catch a bus south to Nazca. On the way we pass by the pleasant colonial town of Ica. Ica enjoys a dry, sunny climate year-round and is known for its huge sand dunes. In the nearby oasis of Huacachina, the dunes are perfect subjects for photography and for a favourite local past time: sandboarding. Apart from the dunes, Ica is famous for its wines and there are several wineries and distilleries in the area'

Seeing as the trip has 2 days in Nazca it would be a shame to miss out on seeing Huacachina seeing as we will be driving very to close to it!!
travelbug88
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Absolute Peru.... stop in Ica??

Postby ballu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 am

I did this tour 10 years ago, so hopefully you'll get more up-to-date info...but when I did it, we stopped at both at an Ica winery and sampled some pisco sours, and in Huacachina for some sandboarding.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Re: Absolute Peru.... stop in Ica??

Postby travelbug88 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:02 pm

I really hope so! It's just that some of the other 'Classic' trips that go from Paracas to Nazca specifically say that they stop in Ica and have optional activities listed, but no so with 'Absolute Peru' :(
travelbug88

Return to South America