SOLO trip to Brizil - Rio de Janeiro

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

SOLO trip to Brizil - Rio de Janeiro

Postby jamima24 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Samantha Murray and I am traveling to Brazil on August 2nd for two weeks. I am very much looking forward to it but as I'm traveling alone its a bit nerve racking. Has anyone done this trip before and can give me some advice? Thanks :)
jamima24
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: SOLO trip to Brizil - Rio de Janeiro

Postby rochelle1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

Hi Samantha,

Let me know how you go- I'm heading there by myself in October and I'm super nervous.

Good luck!

Rochelle
rochelle1

Postby sasikrtr » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Hey Samantha, I hope you had a great trip!
And Rochelle, as you haven't gone yet:
I have just recently done the same-I travelled to Rio alone and it was really nice!

I recommend being really careful on the streets and everything. Don't show anything valuable such as cameras/money etc. and never take too much money with you.
Also, when going to the beach, don't take anything with you except a towel because if you leave your stuff unattended at the beach, they will steal it(happened to me, though it was only clothes that got stolen)
When it comes to taking a taxi, always take a radio taxi and never a private one!
If possible, learn a bit of Portuguese, because hardly anybody speaks English or Spanish, and I had lots of communication problems.
Enjoy your trip!
sasikrtr

Postby rochelle1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:40 am

Thank you so much for your reply :)

I leave next week and am getting nervous, so these tips were definitely welcomed.

Thanks again,
Rochelle
rochelle1

Return to South America