hotels used for amazon to andes

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

hotels used for amazon to andes

Postby spinner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:36 pm

does anyone have feedback on the hotels used for amazon to andes trip? i know not to expect much but i do want clean, hopefully hot water and no bugs.
spinner
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: hotels used for amazon to andes

Postby markmol » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm

hi
it been a couple of years since i went on this tour, the hotel in lima was the La Castellana Hotel,
basic hotel, did have hot water & no bugs, in Cusco was the Prisma hotel, again hot water & no bugs, the lodge in the amazon, hot water but the rooms are open to the jungle, no bed bugs but no windows to keep bugs out, the beds do have mosquito nets.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby mayogirl » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi Markmol! When you say house are open to the jungle, what do you mean?!!
mayogirl

Postby markmol » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:47 am

Tambopata-Research-Center-Room.jpg
room at Amazon lodge
Tambopata-Research-Center-Room.jpg (152.27 KiB) Viewed 256 times

hi
there is 3 solid walls, the 4th is open, without a window to give you a view of the jungle
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol

Postby lesthomas » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:02 am

mayogirl wrote:Hi Markmol! When you say house are open to the jungle, what do you mean?!!

Yea, one wall open to the jungle! Bugs weren't a huge problem, but take lots of deet. I think the electricity only ran during certain times except at the main lodge area. They furnish candles but take a good flashlight. Rained constantly on our trip.
Attachments
Sonny coming, Sophie going.jpg
Sonny coming, Sophie going.jpg (178.5 KiB) Viewed 193 times
lesthomas

Return to South America