Suggestions Please

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Suggestions Please

Postby two4flinching » Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 am

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having an awesome day.

We're off travelling again in under 2 weeks and we are doing Rio to Lima on a G Tour which will take us into July. We have not planned the next bit as leaving it open to see how we feel. Any suggestions?? We were pondering Ecuador and Colombia??

Thanks Muchly
:)
two4flinching
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Suggestions Please

Postby TravelFun » Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Not sure how much time you have and your budget but I'd recommend Ecuador, Galapagos, Colombia and Venezuela! It's not recommended to cross borders by land so you will need to fly between Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela.

This is what I did after a 5-week group trip from Santiago Chile to Lima Peru. On my own and flew to Quito, Ecuador. Travelled on my own in Ecuador via local buses for a week covering Lacatunga, Quilotoa, Riobamba and Banos.
Off to the Galapagos - a group trip here and then back to Quito.
Flew from Quito to Bogota, Colombia. Spent a week in Colombia on my own between Bogota and Cartagena. Then flew to Caracas, Venezuela and spent a week here between Caracas and Bocono. Then joined a group trip with G and did the Lost World trip (which they don't do now)....then back home!

Had alot of amazing experiences and learning/practicing basic Spanish really made a difference when travelling locally in more remote areas.

Hope this helps!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Return to South America