Help! Where to next??

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Help! Where to next??

Postby b.shaw » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Hey guys

So I've recently done the Trek Hidden Costa Rica with G.
Without rambling too much, this trip pretty much changed my life and was the best thing I have ever done. Sleeping at home stays, caves and trekking, rafting, washing in the river, living with no power, hot water and physically pushing myself on the Red Hill has honestly been 2 weeks I will never forget.
My problem now (other than wondering on a daily basis if I should quit my job and go live on a beach in Costa Rica) is that I have no idea where I can go next to top or equal that experience! I never want to stay in an all-inclusive hotel again! Lol.
So I'm wondering if anyone out there may have done the trek hidden CR before or knows of anything that might compare that they could suggest for me.
I'm looking for action packed adventure where you get dirty, sweaty, and laugh/dance and smile and hold scary looking spiders cos the locals promise you they don't bite the whole time like I did in CR. None of this bus around for 8 hours a day shite.
I'm totally in love with Central America now and I think maybe South America might be the place to go next that might be similar. I definitely want a physical grading of 4 or 5 too.
Not sure if I'm asking to much but I feel this post-holiday blues will not end until I have the next goal in mind to focus on. Haha so dramatic I know, but I just can't explain how awesome this trip was. Like if you saw Jack Sparrow riding a unicorn handing out free rum and glitter was in the air with Miranda Kerr walking behind him holding a shade sail over his head and giving out free Thai food and the only dress code was sarongs and the was hundreds of little puppies running around it still would not be as awesome as Costa Rica was.

Looking forward to any suggestions,

Cheers
b.shaw
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Help! Where to next??

Postby sinecure » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. I would recommend Vietnam and Peru/Bolivia as both excellent places to visit.
sinecure

Re: Help! Where to next??

Postby b.shaw » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm

sinecure wrote:Sounds like you had a great time. I would recommend Vietnam and Peru/Bolivia as both excellent places to visit.

Hey!
I'm been checking out Peru and Ecuador this morning actually! Thinking the inca trail, amazon and Galapagos maybe for the next trip although I've always wanted to do Bolivia too..
Thanks for your input! :)
b.shaw

Return to South America