Huacachina

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Huacachina

Postby emsglobetrotter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm doing the Peru on a Shoestring tour this May,& unfortunately found out about the Huacachina oasis after I had booked my tour. I have no extra days before or after my tour, but did notice that we will most likely be driving through Ica en route to Nazca. Do they stop there to give you the opportunity to see it, or do they zoom straight through to Nazca? I would hate to miss the chance to see this beautiful place..

Kristina
emsglobetrotter
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Huacachina

Postby TravelFun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi Kristina,

I've just checked the itinerary and Huacachina is an optional activity:
https://www.gadventures.com/trips/peru- ... activities
Ballestas Islands with Huacachina From $220 (minimum 2): Enjoy wildlife and history, have lunch in a winery and visit the Huacachina Oasis. - Full day

It seems it's from Lima but worth asking the guide once there how you can fit this one in your plans...maybe miss the Ballestas Islands and do a day trip to Huacachina.

Either way, you'll have a great time.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Re: Huacachina

Postby kcupp95 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 pm

I did inca heartland and we overnighted in paracas did ballestas islands in the morning, left at 1030am went to the winery, went sand boarding in Huacachina and didn't get to nazca until 7pm.

It was 4 hours from Lima to paracas. I guess maybe you taking the public bus direct from Lima to nazca and they're might be no opportunities to stop anyway?
kcupp95
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to South America