Quest of the God's in December

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Quest of the God's in December

Postby vesnad9 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 pm

My brother and I are planning on going on this excursion in Dec - the 28th. I am worried about the weather. Can anyone who want to Peru in December tell me what they experienced weather wise? Also would you recommend this trip - the lodge in the Amazon looks so interesting!,

Thanks in advance
vesnad9
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Quest of the God's in December

Postby raspberry-smoothie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 pm

I can't speak for the weather in December but I also did this trip in one of the wetter months (March). We got lucky with weather besides a few rainy and cloudy days on the Inca trail. The rain didn't ruin the hiking though and wasn't a torrential downpour or anything, although I would have preferred to visit Machu Picchu on a day when the clouds lifted--we never got a great clear view. We luckily didn't have any rain at all in the amazon. I know I would not have enjoyed the boat rides and jungle treks as much if it had been raining, and maybe there would have been fewer animals to see as well.

Overall I enjoyed this trip and would recommend it. The Peru Panorama trip (Standard level) is also similar but in the opposite direction and with one extra day. Quest of the Gods was the only trip I've ever done at comfort level but I was happy I chose it since I wasn't very interested in the homestay on the standard trip, although I'm sure a lot of people really enjoy this part. But our accommidations were all wonderful and it was nice to have a private van on the long drive between Cusco and Puno instead of a public bus.
raspberry-smoothie
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Quest of the God's in December

Postby msslyss » Thu May 08, 2014 5:28 pm

I did a similar trip last April (In the Shadow of Machu Picchu) and it was fantastic. We got rained on a bit, but nothing terrible.. Keep in mind that they close the Inca trail during the really bad weather season (February) so you should be ok. I'd google average weather in December and see what comes up...but def. bring layers and a light poncho rain jacket. The lodge in the Amazon that you refer to (Tambopota Eco Lodge) is totally awesome.
msslyss

Return to South America