Yellow fever vaccination

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Yellow fever vaccination

Postby healthandparanoia » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

I am trying to work out whether proof of a yellow fever vaccination is required for travel between countries. I am going Argentina to Chile to Bolivia to Peru to Brazil. I'm not going in the jungle anywhere and am not going anywhere that yellow fever is prevalent. Can anyone let me know if I need proof, despite these things? I'm on the Buenos Aires to Lima Adventure tour, then going to Rio afterwards.
healthandparanoia
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Yellow fever vaccination

Postby nikimarcotte » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:26 pm

best thing to do is go to a Travel Health Clinic...they will review your tour route and recommend vaccines. if there is even a chance of a yellow fever outbreak in any of the countries you are going to, get the vaccine. when I was in Africa in 2011, there was an outbreak, so all of a sudden Namibia needed proof of yellow fever vaccine to allow you into the country, so several people on our tour didn't have it, so our guide had to arrange a quick stop a local place to get the ones who didn't have it, vaccinated so we could all cross the border...I do not feel comfortable getting vaccines abroad if there is the choice of getting it at home first.
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Yellow fever vaccination

Postby kcupp95 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Check what your home countries requirement is as well. I went to Peru and Bolivia and wasn't asked for vaccination proof, but did have to show proof to immigration when arriving home in Australia.
kcupp95

Return to South America