Absolute Peru Tour

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Absolute Peru Tour

Postby drew74 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey all!!
my first post.
My partner and I are about to embark on the trip of a lifetime with G Adeventures.
If anyone has done Absolute Peru previously, could you please help with a couple of things?

1. The offered G Adventure side tours. do we book once over there with our guide/CEO or before we go? we want to do the Lima city tour on the first day we are there before our actual tour begins but it may be too hurried to do so.
also want to do the plane trip at Nazca Lines etc etc
2. How do we meet up and when ? before tour starts , i belive we are all staying at Hotel Brittania
3. Are US Dollars or Peruvian Sols the way to go for spending money?

cheers Drew
drew74
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Absolute Peru Tour

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:28 pm

I did Inca Discovery a few years ago. If you're wanting to do a side tour before the group tour starts it's best to book that with G ahead of time since you won't have met your CEO yet. You could also wait until you get there and book it at the hotel. They can advise you which ones to take and help with the arrangements.
There will be a notice posted in the hotel telling you where and when the group will meet. It's usually the night before the tour starts, and usually at the joining hotel.
We took some Peruvian neuvo sols but also some US dollars. Check carefully, they don't accept bills that are torn or stained. We had no problem finding ATMs that took our Canadian debit cards so we didn't take too much cash.
Enjoy!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Absolute Peru Tour

Postby drew74 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:02 pm

that really helps, thanks so much.
drew74

Return to South America