Essential Ecuador

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Essential Ecuador

Postby liac » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi!

I am planning on booking "Essential Ecuador" for August and the only flights I can get have me arriving a day before the G tour begins. I am a little nervous about having a day alone in Quito as a single girl...I've been told not to leave my hotel alone.

Any tips or words of reassurance and/or caution?

Thank you!
liac
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Essential Ecuador

Postby markmol » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi
I would look at day tour around Quito, i went to the Equator & the old part of town, got picked up at the hotel by the guide & dropped back to the hotel. There would be other tours to do.
The hotel should have a tour desk or book through G or try Viator
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby liac » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for your recommendation!
liac

Postby sherik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:12 pm

I too, will be coming into Quito a day before in September very late at night the day before my tour. I was told to stay at my hotel and not wonder around on my own. Beside doing a tour with the hotel, is there any place that you feel is safe for me to walk too?
sherik

Postby lobamaria » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Hello,

I am travelling to Ecuador in august as well and will also be arriving a day early. The tour I am going on is Inland and Amazon. It is my first time travelling out of the country. I am preparing and studying a lot about the culture. I hear it is easy to get a taxi, and to explore on your own, if your comfortable. There is always looking forward to meeting with your group.
lobamaria

Postby kaz64 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi,
We are booked on the september 2013 trip is anyone booked on it.
kaz64

Return to South America