Lima

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Lima

Postby jacksonr78 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 am

Hi All,

Come across G Adventures and been doing some reasearch.
Looking to book the 9 day trip to Peru (Macchu Picchu).

Just wondered if anyone had been and what they though?

Cheers
jacksonr78
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Lima

Postby IncaTrail50 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:15 pm

I did the Inca Discovery (8 days) and it was awesome. They look after you really well along the hike to Machu Picchu. Our guide was really knowledgeable. The places we stayed before and after the hike were clean and comfortable, the food was great. It was my first trip with G Adventures and I was pleased enough that I've been on several others with them. I've also traveled with other companies and the experience was a bit less than stellar. G seems to treat their people right and in turn, those people treat us travelers right.
The trip was a good mix of culture in Lima and outdoor wonder along the hike. My vote is book it and enjoy!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer

Postby jacksonr78 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:48 am

Excellent, thank you very much.
Read some excellent reviews about G Adventures, so much so that I am looking to add on a 4 Day trip in the Amazon.

Regards,

Ron
jacksonr78

Postby bingavey » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

want to stay in a breakfast and bed type lodging run by local to experience their hospitality and local food in a convenient location . Any suggestion?
bingavey

Postby Janice08 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:17 am

If you have the time you might want to consider the Peru Panorama trip. You get the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Amazon and a homestay on Lake Titicaca. Its a very intense 2 weeks but worth it.
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby jacksonr78 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 am

Ok well change of plan.

I was made redundant 3 weeks after posting this so that put a dampner on things.
However, started a new job in August and all back on track. Will wait until the probation period is over (20th Feb) and will then Book up.

Spoke with my Girlfriend who to my suprise said she would LOVE to come so we will both be going. She had a look and said she would also love to do the Amazon Lodge so adding that onto the package.

She has asked me a very good question, in that "how much spending money will we need".

Now I have two theories, in that I dont think there will be many ATM's in the Amazon or on the Trek to MP so in that respect not much so splash money on, however, we would like to buy some bits in Cusco and Lima.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks
jacksonr78

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Lots of ATMs in Lima and Cuzco to get money but you're right about none along the trail. There is one in Ollantaytambo before you start the hike, though.
We didn't buy anything in Lima or Cuzco and only spent money there on a few sites we visited. Lima seemed like any other big city in the world with all the same stores so we spent time in just the old part in the centre. The Sacred Valley has a great market and choices would be alpaca-wool sweaters and scarves. They also have some great jewellery. G Adventures sponsors a women's weaving co-op in the Sacred Valley and the money raised by them helps support schools and clean water so buy hats and mitts for the hike from them. I think a visit to them is part of the tour. We didn't know much about them before we went and it was only when I looked them up on our return that I saw what they did with their money. I wish I'd bought more from them!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50

Return to South America