Snacks on the Inca Trail

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Snacks on the Inca Trail

Postby rmg » Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I noticed a lot of people recommend bringing snacks in your day pack. However, I am just wondering what kind of snacks and how much to bring. I wanted to go to Bulk Barn, for example, and stock up on trail mix, dried fruit, etc. but I was unsure if only sealed, packaged goods are allowed.

Any advice on this would be appreciated!
rmg
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Snacks on the Inca Trail

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:43 pm

You can bring whatever you like as long as either you carry it, or it falls within the weight limit for the duffel bag the porters carry for you. Personally, most in my group felt the snacks provided by the G Adventure guys every day was more than adequate. They gave us usually a banana and biscuits/granola-type bar. The meals provided were filling (and tasty) so we didn't need much extra. I took some small chocolate bars along for an extra burst of energy when needed but didn't eat even one of them! I don't think there was any danger of animals foraging into your pack at night or anything.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby collywobbles » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

hiya :)

Yeah our porters gave us snack packs each morning banana biscuits chocolate but I also took some sweets with me just to boost my energy. You will be well fed on the trek at mealtimes but its also nice to have a few munchies :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby ballu » Mon May 13, 2013 3:37 pm

I brought a few snickers bars I bought in Peru...we were really well fed, and given snacks so I didn't eat many of them.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to South America