Peru to Bolivia

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Peru to Bolivia

Postby emilyc15 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am

Hi all,

Am going on the Absolute Peru tour in Oct and am considering going to Bolivia to check out the salt flats in Uyuni once the tour ends. Does anyone who's travelled to S.A. have any advice on the most economical way to get from Lima to La Paz? Flying will cost around $400USD one way, however, I've heard mixed reviews about the bus journey... Does anyone have any experiences with this (good or bad)? Also any good recommendations for tour companies of the salt flats? Would be much appreciated for a novice traveller!

:)
emilyc15
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Peru to Bolivia

Postby deuclide » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:09 pm

I am thinking of doing the same thing after my Peru on a shoestring trip. I was planning on taking buses to La Paz, and then going down. If you want to fly have you looked into the local airlines? Or Spirit Airlines? The airplane itself will be a little more worn out, but much cheaper, and you will get there. Also if you plan on entering Bolivia beware of the entry fees you will have to pay and I believe you have to have proof of having the Yellow Fever vaccine.
deuclide

Re: Peru to Bolivia

Postby emilyc15 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:35 am

Cheers, thanks for the tips. Ended up booking internal flights as I was feeling unsure about the bus/train. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Happy travels!
emilyc15

Return to South America