amazon riverboat

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

amazon riverboat

Postby karina82 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Does anyone know if the riverboat (PVIIA) has electrical outlets in the rooms or somewhere else accessible to passengers, that can be used overnight?
karina82
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: amazon riverboat

Postby bioteach » Sat May 04, 2013 11:45 am

I was on this trip in November 2011, and we did have electrical outlets in the rooms.
bioteach
User Rank: Traveller

Postby georgialady » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Did you have to use a converter to use the electrical outlet or was it 110. We will be on the river boat for the August 31 trip on the Amazon. Coming from United States & trying to figure out if we need a converter for hair dryer, curling iron, camera recharge etc. how did you like the trip you took?
georgialady

Postby IndyGent » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi,

I haven't been on the Amazon riverboat tour but wherever I stayed in Peru and Bolivia all the outlets would accept both the North American two-blade plugs and the two-round plugs. I didn't need my plug adapter after all. I think all camera battery chargers are dual voltage these days so no problem there. Hair dryers and curling irons are something I wouldn't know about because I'm slightly hair challenged. :D

IndyGent
IndyGent
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby georgialady » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I may not worry too much about curling iron myself with all of the heat, rain & humidity in the Amazon. :lol:
georgialady

Return to South America