Inca Discovery Nov-Dec

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Inca Discovery Nov-Dec

Postby alouise_ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 am

Hi,

A) Just wanted to confirm estimated weather Nov-Dec for Inca trail in Celsius?

B) For Peru, Yellow Fever shots/certificates are not required?

C) Also, suggestions of how to best acclimatize before the trek begins. Have heard conflicting stories, saying one day before tour isn't enough?

Any info appreciated! :)
alouise_
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Inca Discovery Nov-Dec

Postby IncaTrail50 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:37 pm

I went in May so can't advise on temperature for Nov/Dec. You'd be best to check with a travel medicine about the yellow fever shots, they'd have the most up-to-date info.
About acclimatizing...you will spend a couple of days in Cuzco at the beginning of the tour and that gets you acclimatized somewhat. If you can I would suggest adding a day at the end to see the sights in Cuzco and do next to nothing that arrival day. We only had that arrival day in Cuzco so we tried to see as many things as we could. We rested the first couple of hours but then went full-out and by 3 in the afternoon I was feeling really sick. I was better the next day and by the time we started hiking the trail the day after I was fine. Drink lots of coca tea, it really does help!
Enjoy! It's a wonderful experience!
Kim
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to South America