Torres del Paine W trek and camping

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Torres del Paine W trek and camping

Postby travelhappiness » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 am

Hello,

I am doing the Torres del Paine W trek in November and we will be camping. Has anyone done this with G Adventures and what was the experience like? I have never really camped before. What are the necessary supplies I should have besides tent, sleeping bag etc? What is the bathroom situation like? Will there be showers or bathing facilities close by? Also, would I be able to charge my camera battery and phone?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Lucy
travelhappiness
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Torres del Paine W trek and camping

Postby TravelFun » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Lucy,

I've seen your posts and you'll find all your answers in the South America forum here so do search around plus there's alot of informaton in the trip details. Check it out and if you still have some questions then post them here.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Re: Torres del Paine W trek and camping

Postby coqui14 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I did the Torres the Paine "W" with GAP many years ago. Don't worry about camping. Everything was done for us... you just sleep in tents. Bathrooms are very close and modern. There are good showers with hot water and toilets. Tent was provided to us as well as pads for under the sleeping bag. Depending of the time, you should carry the appropiate sleeping bag. I was there in December and a 40F sleeping bag was enough and easy to pack. Good luck, is a great place. Enjoy
coqui14
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to South America