EV07MB Comfort Galapagos

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EV07MB Comfort Galapagos

Postby assoignon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi,
I just booked the 7 day G4 East Islands trip. This is my 3rd trip with G, so I have great expectations.
How warm will it be at the end of November and what is essential to know before I go?
Also, I will have a couple of days in Quito before the trip starts. Any must see there?
assoignon
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EV07MB Comfort Galapagos

Postby tletter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:17 am

assoignon wrote:Also, I will have a couple of days in Quito before the trip starts. Any must see there?

We visited Quito before our trip to the Galápagos Islands and some suggestions are:

1. Go up the TeleferiQo which starts at 9,680 ft and reaches 13,284 ft in a matter of 8 to 10 minutes. During the ascent one gets interesting views of Quito and on top on a clear day one is supposed to be able to see the surrounding volcanoes in the distance, including Cotopaxi.

2. See the changing of the guard in the Plaza Grande during a visit to Old (Colonial) Quito.

3. Visit the Intiñan Solar Museum on the equator.

4. Visit the Otavalo Market (Saturday is when the market is at its biggest).
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Re: EV07MB Comfort Galapagos

Postby markmol » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 am

Also the Church of the Society of Jesus in the old part of Quito not far from the changing of the guard.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to South America