Peru Panorama and Nazca Lines

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Peru Panorama and Nazca Lines

Postby Lori » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 am

I am so excited to go to Peru in May!! I have booked Peru Panorama May 25-June 10 & Nazca Lines June 10- 12. I was wondering if anyone has been to Peru in May (how was the weather and Inca Trail?) and if anyone has any travel tips (especially for what types of clothes to bring).

Also, I haven't seen anyone post regarding the Nazca Lines. I would love to hear from you!

Happy travels!
Lori
Lori
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby Renee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:42 am

Lori, we are the lucky ones! I have recently booked on the Incas and Panma Canal - it's up the west coast of Chile, Peru and Ecuador through to the Panama Canal - with a stop to check out the Nazca lines. I leave in April but I'm back before you go. I have been wondering about the weather too, so I'll report when I get back. In the meantime, if anyone has some advice, I'll take it too!
Renee
User Rank: Weekender

Postby mac » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi guys
I was in Peru in September im afraid so no good there but I can tell you a bit about the Nazca lines:

You can go up in a VERY small plane to see them from the sky - it is amazing to think how they were created and so long ago, but Ill warn you - you may very well be ill in the plane.
The plane holds the pilot and 5 passengers - think it cost us around $45 each. I was at the back as I was one of the smallest and there isnt much room. The plane can also get quite hot.
To show you the lines properly the plane has to tilt alot both to the left and the right. That makes it hard to hold your dinner down!!!
That said its worth doing it to see the lines properly - very hard to make them out from the lookout they have.
mac

weather in may and nazca lines

Postby samtheman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:16 am

hello,

may is an excellent month regarding the weather, dry season in the Andes, this means (most of the time :) ) hot during the day and cold at night, pack light, layers are the key...

then for the nazca lines, stunning, amazing... but yeah you might want to skip breakfast before... you go up in a small cesna 3 or 5 seater, the flight takes 45 minutes, just do some research before, will help you understand a bit more what you look at..

check out this site http://www.crystalinks.com/nazca.html
samtheman

Return to South America