Free time in Cusco

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Free time in Cusco

Postby poplyric » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 pm

I Am going to Peru/Cusco in June and after The Absolute Peru I am Spending A week In Cuzco, I was wondering if Any of you "G" Adventurers that have spent time in Cusco , if there are good Restaurants, Museums , Bars or other places that you would suggest or if there is anything that you did that was fun/interesting
poplyric
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Free time in Cusco

Postby sinecure » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm

There is much to see in Cusco. Our guide arranged to rent a taxi for a day on our free day to see the salt terraces and other sites. Another day we took a taxi up into the area behind Cusco and walked from one historic site to another and walked back to town on our own. Amazing city.
sinecure

Postby markmol » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 pm

there is an undercover market which sells everything from aniaml parts to coffee, clothing, spice etc, also the main square is a good place to spend time & people watch, lots of places to eat & drink.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I love Cusco... You can wander the historic section of town and find "hidden" treasures not often toured... Lots of markets to explore and interact with the locals.

If your tour doesn't include Sacsayhuaman (English approximation that the locals will know is "Sexy Woman"), be sure to go there (easiest by taxi going since its high on hill overlooking Cusco)--it's the most important archaeological site to the city (and spiritual center) so well worth checking out.
moviegeekjn
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to South America