Bolivia Discovery - which direction

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Bolivia Discovery - which direction

Postby wiscotraveler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm thinking of going on the Bolivia Discovery, and I see that it runs in two directions. Does anyone know if there are advantages to one direction versus the other? Thanks!
wiscotraveler
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Bolivia Discovery - which direction

Postby TravelFun » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:05 pm

For this trip it makes no difference. Usually the thing to check is what altititude you will be starting and ending at, therefore it's about gainging or losing altitude.

This trip starts and ends in La Paz and you'll always be at high altitude so make sure you take it easy for the first couple of days to acclimitise and drink lots and lots of water.

It's a real cool trip.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Re: Bolivia Discovery - which direction

Postby wannabeee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:24 pm

When are you thinking of going? I'm on the 7 April departure with a friend, going La Paz - Sucre - Potosi - Uyuni - La Paz (code BBD). We're leaving our group in Uyuni, however, to travel on into Argentina. The advantage for us by choosing this direction is that we avoid the long train/bus journey between Uyuni and La Paz.

And wow, I see that now the trip is also guaranteed! Last time I checked it wasn't. We've been a bit worried about that, but now everything is good :D
wannabeee

Return to South America