Galapagos 10 Day G6 - HONEYMOON

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Galapagos 10 Day G6 - HONEYMOON

Postby walshj77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:19 am

Hi All,

Well, we have just booked our honeymoon on the Galapagos 10 Day G6 Tour. We are departing next March and will be on the tour the first two weeks in April. I am so excited as the Galapagos Islands is somewhere I am really keen to get to. We are having our civil partnership ceremony in February next year and won't have too long to wait for the honeymoon afterwards. We have booked the suite on the boat so doubly excited.

Some slight worries - I am TERRIFIED of flying and am worried about Quito Airport - any tips?
We arrive into Quito at about 22:00 after our connection in Miami - do we get a transfer?
Also worried - may sound ridiculous - about the fact we are two men from London! Will this be ok for the rest of our travellers - I know that sounds ridiculous!

Anyone done this trip before? Whats the best thing about it?
walshj77
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Galapagos 10 Day G6 - HONEYMOON

Postby Zuleika » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:32 am

Wow - how fabulous and romantic! Galapagos for honeymoon - what a great idea!
I wouldn't worry about being two men together - the majority of people on these tours are open minded, worldly-wise and well travelled so you will be just fine. We had a gay couple on my tour in China and they were just sooo much fun. No one on tour batted an eyelid about them being together.
Cant help you with Quito airport as Ecuador and Galapagos are still on my wish list of places to visit, however I too am afraid of flying - valium helps a lot!

Congratulations and have an awesome time!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby walshj77 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:57 pm

ahhh thanks. Thats a really great thing to hear. I can't wait to be with the sea lions on the beach etc. We are so looking forward to it and hope you are right with your predictions about the other people onboard. We are hoping to make some friends from this trip too :-D
walshj77

Postby TravelFun » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:57 pm

What a perfect honeymoon destination...I've been to the Galapagos and it's amazing. You get time to see the wildlife in their natural habitat and get to understand what work is taking place to preserve these wonderful Islands and it's flora and fauna. You'll love it !

...and totally agree with Zuleika. The type of travellers G Adventure attracts are of the adventurous, open-minded type so you'll have no problems at all. I met one of my gay friends in Venzuela (on a G Adventure trip) and we had a blast and make an effort to travel together even today. Go out there and just enjoy the moments on the Islands.

Also, I checked your trip and your airport arrival is included: http://www.gadventures.com/trips/deluxe ... 10QB/2012/

What's Included
7 nights in the Galapagos Islands, Arrival transfer and continental breakfast in Quito, Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station, Incredible wildlife encounters, Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling, Flights to and from the Galapagos Islands, Snorkeling equipment and wetsuits.

So just check with who've booked with and ensure you have provided your flight details and ensure you get the vouchers/confirmation of this.

Seems like you're only worry is that of flying :P

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby ginato » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi walsh,

You will have an amazing trip - my husband and I also had our honeymoon in the Galapagos in August 2010, and it developed in us a deep interest in seeing local fauna everywhere we go - seals and birds are just awesome :)

Can't speak to the gay couple question, but I know that it would certainly not bother me as a G traveller. Quito airport seemed fine to me, no issues, and indeed if your transfer is included, then you have nothing to worry about.

I will suggest, though, that you look into meds for seasickness - I did not know it would it me until the 2nd day on the boat, when I had the unpleasant surprise. Everybody reacts differently (some people on our boat were sick, some not at all), but coming prepared is a good idea. Gravol is good, and the behind-the-ear patch is also pretty good. Again, you might not need them, but it's better to have something just in case.

ENJOY!!! You picked a fantastic place for an unforgettable honeymoon :)
ginato

Postby happy hoatzin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Congratulations!
You will have such a wonderful time!
Keep in mind that Quitos is a city in the clouds, so to speak.
Although it can be tempting to get tipsy for your journey......altitude can cause added discomfort for those who drink alcohol on their plane in to sooth those flying jitters.
Keep the caffeine and booze at a minimum (none is best) and keep the salt in-take low as well or you will be wondering where the "Cankles" came from! LOL (It happened to me)
My experience has been consistant in that folks who are adventurous and travel are not inclined to be close-minded and uptight regarding others sexual nature. These people understand the world is complex and nature designs all types for all reasons.
I believe very strongly you will be accepted for your merit and character and your sexual orientation will be of NO concern.
Have fun! :)
happy hoatzin
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to South America