Continued travel disruption concerns from Chilean volcano

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Continued travel disruption concerns from Chilean volcano

Postby morgan_kennah » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 pm

I've booked into an Argentinan trip in about one month's time. I've heard the Chilean volcano is still releasing ash and it is complicating travel outside Buenos Aires for flights. Does anyone know more about this or be able to direct me to a site where I can learn more?

Thanks!
morgan_kennah
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Continued travel disruption concerns from Chilean volcano

Postby sinecure » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Volcanic eruption in Chile
Posted: 06 Jun, 2011 | Updated: 08 Aug, 2011

Updated 8 August, 2011

The ash cloud from the volcanic eruption in Chile continues to affect the regions of Southern Chile and Argentina's Lake District and has caused intermittent airport closures in both Argentina and Chile. Due to road and border closures near Bariloche and Puerto Varas, G Adventures groups have changed their itineraries to as to avoid affected areas. Itinerary amendments are being done on a case-by-case basis in order to ensure the safety of travellers and to facilitate the onward travel of groups going through the region.

We continue to monitor this situation closely through our operational network on the ground and will report any further developments as they arise.

http://www.gadventures.com/safety-updates/

As of right now there are no tours affected by the Volcano, please check the link above for updated tour information. If you want to discuss with a rep, please feel free to contact us at our 1-800 number .

If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Sinecure.
sinecure

Return to South America