Easter Island, GAP vs independent travel?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Easter Island, GAP vs independent travel?

Postby mfreeburn1988 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi.

Just wondering who has been to Easter Island with GAP and what they thought? Is it worth it or do you think it would be just as easy to travel independently? (non Spanish speaking).
mfreeburn1988
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Easter Island, GAP vs independent travel?

Postby yohani » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 am

mfreeburn1988 wrote:Hi.

Just wondering who has been to Easter Island with GAP and what they thought? Is it worth it or do you think it would be just as easy to travel independently? (non Spanish speaking).

I can't commend on the GAP Eastern Island trip, but I 've been to Easter Island on individual bases without any interference of travel agency's. My Spanish is very basic and limited and that didn't pose any problem.

If you're going individualy, some tips:

- If you're travelling with LAN Chile for your international/intercontinental flights, than the Eastern Island flight is much cheaper.
- You can hire mopets and/or cars in Hangaroa to get around the island by yourself on your own pace (interesting if you want to go swimming for instance as the only beaches are at the other side of the Island).
- There is an ATM at the Post Office/Bank and a telephone office.
- We found one week enough to explore the Island

Best regards,

Yohani :P
yohani
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to South America