Charging cameras in South America

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Charging cameras in South America

Postby whitling2k » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 am

Hi there,

Not sure if this should go in here or the travel tips forums.. But I'l put it in here as I'm specifically referring to South America.

I am travelling to Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina & Brazil and I wondered if it is possible to buy local to UK 3 pin plug adapters whilst in south america for a decent price?

I could try buy them all in the UK first from Maplins or similar, but then I've got to carry all of them all the way round.

It's only the shape of the plug I need to worry about as my 2 items are rated 100 - 250v and 50/60hz.

Is there much difference between the different countries I have listed above, and do you know where I can find information about the shape of the plugs used in each country?

Thanks

Whitling2k
whitling2k
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Charging cameras in South America

Postby Zuleika » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 pm

yes - this site will tell you all you need to know about which plug:
http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm

and then again - these are good and compact worldwide and include a USB charger:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swiss-World-Tra ... 284&sr=8-6
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Re: Charging cameras in South America

Postby whitling2k » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks Zuleika.

I'd managed to find that website in the end - and that adapter looks about the best there is!

Some friends have lent us various types but I think it's better to just buy that one - covered for life then!

Whitling2k
whitling2k

Return to South America