Nazca lines flight?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Nazca lines flight?

Postby newroamer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:09 pm

I think at the start. My trip starts on Fri 18th, so I was hoping to go on the Nazca Lines on Thurs 17th.

Any ideas?

Also, wondering how much money to take with me?
newroamer
User Rank: Weekender

Postby sinecure » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Have you called our 1-800 number or the number for contacting us in your country? They may be able to contact the G offices in Lima and help arrange something.
sinecure

Postby newroamer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:36 am

I'm in the UK and have tried the equivalent toll free number. They referred me to the hotel who dont seem to respond to emails or phone calls :roll:
newroamer

Postby onyx007 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 am

Hi newroamer

I think we missunderstood you completly.
The flights over the Nazca lines leaves from the small airfield in Nazca City. I don't think there are any such flights from Lima. Because Nazca itself is 450 kilometer (each way) from Lima and the streets are not the best one. By bus it takes at least 6 hours each way and I don't know about the flights from Lima to Nazca.

So if you are not passing anyway through Nazca it's a big and long journey. And so I don't think it's worth the money and the trouble (and the time to get there) because it will cost you much more than the 60 US-Dollars for the short 30 min-flight. (I just googled through the net and there might be flights from the town of Ica to the Nazca Lines which is "only" four hours driving time from Lima).

Or as your are from the UK I would give you an example; it's the same as you would be going to London and would like to visit the Guiness Brewery in Dublin (it's about the same distance).
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby sinecure » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Send me your contact information in a private message and I'll see if we can't get something worked out.
sinecure

Postby newroamer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks onyx007. Yes I was hoping there would be a day trip to do it from Lima. On the Activities page, it said the Nazca Lines was $300 so I presumed it was possible as a day trip.
newroamer

Postby onyx007 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:38 am

newroamer wrote:Thanks onyx007. Yes I was hoping there would be a day trip to do it from Lima. On the Activities page, it said the Nazca Lines was $300 so I presumed it was possible as a day trip.

I think if it's on the activities page and if it cost 300, than it will be probably a day trip from Lima.
The amount sounds right as the short flight from Nazca Airport costs 60 Dollars, than it might be a similar flight (probably around 3-4 hours ) from Lima. I wish you good luck that you can figure out how to do it.
onyx007

Previous

Return to South America