Luggages during SPIJ adventure in Peru

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Luggages during SPIJ adventure in Peru

Postby julianachia » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:42 am

I am going on the SPIJ adventure http://www.gapadventures.com/trips/the-inca-journey/SPIJ/2011/ and then going to another country after that. I am wondering if there's a hotel I can leave my luggage at, or must I bring it with me during the entire adventure? It would be impossible to lug all my bags with me while visiting Machu Picchu and the Amazon.. Anyone have any idea what I can do with my luggage? Thanks!
julianachia
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Luggages during SPIJ adventure in Peru

Postby markmol » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 am

hi, GAP give you a small duffle bag to use on the inca trail & you leave your main luggage at the joining hotel.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Luggages during SPIJ adventure in Peru

Postby rlm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 am

As you start and finish in Lima you should be able to leave excess luggage at the GAP hotel.
I just finished a trip and some of my fellow travellers left extra luggage at Hotel Brittania and picked it up on our return. Happy Travels. 8)
rlm

Return to South America