Flying in/out of Toronto late December, WEATHER issues?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Flying in/out of Toronto late December, WEATHER issues?

Postby gardenpro_ca » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm trying to get to Buenos Aires the easiest route which seems to be through Toronto.
There isn't time in my schedule to get stuck in a snow storm there... do flights there get cancelled often due to storms?

Is it safe betting it will be fine? Thanks.
gardenpro_ca
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Flying in/out of Toronto late December, WEATHER issues?

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 pm

We fly out of Toronto many times a year, including every year at Christmas. Flights do get canceled once in a while but in 30+ years we've only been canceled there once. We've lifted off in some ghastly snowstorms so it would have to be a monster storm to cancel! :o
Any flight at any airport carries the risk of cancellation or big delay. The airlines are usually pretty good about getting you on your way as quickly as they can when that happens. We've been canceled about half a dozen times for various reasons elsewhere and were usually rescheduled within a few hours.
Good luck!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Flying in/out of Toronto late December, WEATHER issues?

Postby damianc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm

I lived in Toronto for most my life and have never encountered a cancelled flight. Now that I've been in Los Angeles for the past 2+ years, I have already had 2 flight cancellations and lots of delays. So I don't think you should worry about cancelled or delayed flights. Just make sure you have enough time to make your connections as Toronto has different terminals.
damianc

Return to South America