Getting to Iguassu

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Getting to Iguassu

Postby katyd » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:02 am

Hi...
I'm attempting to put Iguassu onto the front end of an upcoming trip. Flights I'm looking at via the Argentina side requiring traveling from EZE to AEP to make a flight to IGR - the Argentina side of the Falls. Has anyone made this trip or have advise on the best way to transfer between airports?

Thanks,
Katy
katyd
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Getting to Iguassu

Postby gh29 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi, Not sure if this will help at all as I have not made the trip yet, but I have booked to do just what you are suggesting. I land in Argentina in the morning 17/9/11 and then have to get to the other airport (j Newberry) for an afternoon flight to Iguassu. I have paid extra to have a tour of the falls. The STA trip was cheaper than the gap, as I had to pay more as a singleton. This includes airport transfer and hotels. I have three nights here and then I then fly back to Buenos Aires on the 20th. E-dreams seemed to have the cheapest flight but I booked it a couple of months ago. It was a bit expensive but I felt I had to do it. Hope that helps a bit.
gh29
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby TravelFun » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi there,

You can take the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle bus from EZE to AEP which takes around 40-50mins and the stand is within the terminal once you leave customs/baggage. Do try to get a later flight because you have to get through customs, collect your baggage and add that extra time for delays...plus you will have to get to AEP at least an hour before your flight.

The falls are amazing!

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby shawroden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:12 am

We did the transfer by taxi as there were 4 of us. It only cost GBP£20. We booked it through our hotel in BA (where we stayed after the trip to the falls).
shawroden
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to South America