Can you rent a day pack for the inca trail?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Can you rent a day pack for the inca trail?

Postby icedgemma » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi all,
I am doing the inca trail through GAP as part of my 4 month around the world trip.

For my whole trip I am planning on taking a travel rucksack (around 70 l, but not made for hiking or carrying long distances) and a detachable 10l ish day pack. For the inca trail I would like to hire a day pack that is around 25l as I don't think either of my 2 bags I will be carrying for the rest of my trip will be suitable.

Will this be possible in Cuzco? I know there are places to rent sleeping bags, hiking poles etc.
Thanks!
icedgemma
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Can you rent a day pack for the inca trail?

Postby icedgemma » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:32 am

Can anyone help with this? Is there just a standard equipment shop in Cuzco where you can rent everything you need that might have daypacks?
Alternatively will my 15L detatchable daypack be enough?
Really appreciate any answers..thanks!
icedgemma

Postby Tuikku » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:54 am

When I did the Inca trail with GAP this june, we did not visit a shop to rent stuff... Sleeping bags, mattresses and walking poles were available to rent at the hotel (and I think they belonged to GAP). However, I only had my 10 litre backbag (also normally part of my rugsack) and was able to fit all my belongins in there. I did not want to carry anything extra so it was fine for me...
Tuikku

Postby markmol » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:23 am

GAP give you a small duffle bag at your hotel, which the porters carry, there is a limit of 6kg in this bag but this will be big enough for the clothes you need at night. So your 15lt daypack should be big enough for your water, camera, spray jacket etc. i hope this helps
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to South America