Argentina

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Argentina

Postby missmo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Argentina. I spent three weeks there last year travelling from Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires and on to Mendoza. It was my first South American country to visit and what an amazing one to begin with. I did not make it to Patagonia, however it is on my must see list. That trip is why I've decided that I now want to travel as often as possible and see the many amazing places out there :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''Nothing happens unless first a dream....'' Carl Sandburg

missmo
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Argentina

Postby jave » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 am

what kind of weather did you experience at that time of year? I'm going in August this year.
jave

Postby missmo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi, the weather was lovely, quite warm but not humid. Nights are also warm so no need for coats. I did not make it south to Patagonia but in Iguazu, B.A. and Mendonza the weather was fab...so bring sa hat and sunscreeen I wore factor 30, though I'm Irish and burn easily :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''Nothing happens unless first a dream....'' Carl Sandburg

missmo

Postby ninok25 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 pm

So no matter where you are planning to travel in Argentina, the hottest months will be around New Years and the coldest will be around mid-year.

Because the southernmost parts of Argentina are so close to the arctic, I would recommend that you travel there during the Argentine summer. Many places in Patagonia are closed during the winter months. The winters in the south drop below freezing for a large portion of the colder months, which of course means snowfall, but in the summer months the temperature can get up to the 60s or 70s Fahrenheit for weeks on end.
ninok25

Return to South America