Bolivia - Cordillera de los Frailes near Sucre

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Bolivia - Cordillera de los Frailes near Sucre

Postby wsmiller8 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi,

After finishing the Inca Empire trip in early August I will be staying 4 more days in Bolivia and am trying to figure out how to spend that time - everything looks really interesting! One area that's appeals to me is the Cordillera de los Frailes, home of the Jalq'a people, near Sucre. I'm wondering if anyone has been there and, if so, has any thoughts about the best way to see the small communities and area. Because I will be traveling on my own for this part of my trip I'd like to hook up with a tour company of some kind. Lonely Plant recommended one in particular - Candelaria Tours - and their website and trips looked great. Then I tried to find reviews on line and only came up with one, which was extremely negative. Has anyone used this company? Any feedback?

Any information appreciated - for this area specifically, but also for anywhere else in Bolivia that shouldn't be missed. Thanks!

Wendy
wsmiller8
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to South America