Joining Others For Group Rates To MP

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Joining Others For Group Rates To MP

Postby p-train86 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:10 pm

My wife and I are going to MP in November.

Just the two of us and our guide/porters would be okay but I think being part of a 6-8 people group would be enjoyable, too. I guess people get together online before they book?

How does this work? Is this even recommended?
p-train86
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Joining Others For Group Rates To MP

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:19 am

Have you already booked your trip? If not you can check out the trips listed here at GAP. Mostly here people book their trip and then post in the "Departure Lounge" area of the forum to find others going at the same time. Alternatively, you can find a trip here that you like, look in the "Departure Lounge" to see when others are going on that trip, and then book that departure. When I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu a few years ago the group I was with had 16 people. It was a lot of fun and we had some great conversations with people from elsewhere in the world.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby Zuleika » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Slightly off topic - which ever way you decide - you really want to be booking ASAP now for Nov, for the traditional hiking route, - the permits are limited and sell out around 6 months in advance for high season.
Failing that you can always do one of the alternative treks.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby markmol » Wed May 18, 2011 7:34 am

hi i hiked the inca trail last year & went with gap, 13 people & 2 guides, great group of people from all over the world & the guides were grea, everyone got on well & this added to the trip
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to South America