Lima in May

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Lima in May

Postby islandindian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

I will be doing the Inca Trail tour starting on May 9th but I get into Lima on the 8th so I have an entire day to explore. Can anyone recommend some sights that must be seen? I'll also have most of 12hrs in Lima when I get back from Cusco so I need to fill 2 days with things to do or see.
thanks alot in advance
islandindian
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Lima in May

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

I liked the gold museum, more of a "private collection turned public" but worth seeing. There's a jewellery store in the square beside it and we got free piscos while we browsed! The main square has lots of places/museums to visit. Changing of the guards at the palace is impressive with their bright red/blue uniforms. There's a park with beautiful mosaics at the edge of the cliffs in Miraflores and it has a great view of the water. We got some nice sunset shots there.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Lima in May

Postby IndyGent » Thu May 26, 2011 2:18 am

I think the park with the mosaics is called the Parque de Amor and has a huge statue of a kissing couple in the middle of it. There is an area near there where they launch tandem paragliders and you can watch them scream by overhead. You can walk there from the cliffside LarcoMar mall.
IndyGent
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Return to South America