Absolute Peru VS Andean Discovery (JLM) yolo

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Absolute Peru VS Andean Discovery (JLM) yolo

Postby 1banshee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am

Hey guys, I'm just looking for advice or info; I am 23 and looking to book a Peru trip but not sure what to go for, both tours are very similar but I do think Absolute Peru is a bit more complete I guess my main concern is the age group since I will be traveling solo. Is there anyone that has been in this tour that can give me any info on age group? Thanx...
1banshee
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Absolute Peru VS Andean Discovery (JLM) yolo

Postby manfli » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 am

Hi !

I'm not sure neither about what between the two options I should choose. I'm 26 years old and I'd like to have a young group around. Have you made a choice in the meanwhile?
manfli
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby 1banshee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello, I have not decided yet, both trips look awesome but I am leaning more to Absolute Peru it's more expensive but more complete there is a lot more included and would love to visit the Amazon too. I like the age group on the YOLO but you would have to pay for more optional tours and I would have to take a side trip to the Amazon anyway; thats why I want to find out what the age group is for the Peru standard tours... on what month were you looking to travel?
1banshee

Postby manfli » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi,

I'll travel in the beginning of July. What about you?
manfli

Postby 1banshee » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Hello! I'm thinking of traveling in August or September...
1banshee

Postby IncaTrail50 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Most of the discussions around group ages has come to the conclusion that each tour seems to have a variety of ages. Even though you choose YOLO there is a remote possibility that the entire group could be 39, all trying to grab the younger trip while they still qualify! :lol: Based on comments in various forum topics I think you should probably choose based on itinerary rather than potential tour member ages. It's the only thing you can control of the two options, and where you are sure of getting what you want! :wink:

Either way you will have a blast. Peru is an amazing place, I hiked the Inca Trail for my 50th birthday. Our group ranged from 21-50 and because of the type of travel we all liked we found we had lots in common despite the age differences.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby TravelFun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Totally agree with IT50 there...don't compromise on your trip and just go for the itinerary that suits you best. Age is irrelevant when it comes to adventure travel...you'll already have something in common with your group, that you all chose the same trip.

Peru is awesome so go make it yours :wink:

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby des.lynch » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I did the Absolute Peru tour last year and had an amazing time :D . The age group ranged from 21-50 with the majority of the group in their twenties and thirties. The most important thing is not the ages but the experiences you have with each other. Would definetly recommend Absolute Peru tour as it covers so much in 3 weeks.
des.lynch
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby traveller1980 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

I am going on the Andean Discovery (JLM) Yolo that begins on May 24th and ends on June 13th 2011. I am really excited and would like to hear from anyone that is planning on going on this date or has already gone on this tour. Thanks.
traveller1980

Return to South America