Inca Trail: Hiking Shoes, or Hiking Boots?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Inca Trail: Hiking Shoes, or Hiking Boots?

Postby scottyb » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 am

I did in in 'Trail Shoes ' and they were fine, but maybe a little ankle support would be wise, don't forget the importance of SOCKS ! I find a thin pair underneath a 'Mid' pair is best , end of the day comfort is key (and give shoes a spray of scotchgaurd before you go !) Enjoy :)
scottyb
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby RichieRich » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 am

Hiking shoes were fine for me. I brought sandals with me as you'll want to get out of your hiking shoes whenever possible (e.g. on breaks).
RichieRich
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby lukeo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Did the inca trail in mid October. We were the only ones that had runners on and had the easiest time hiking out of our group. Also noticed that from other groups ( note that most people in runners were also in their 20s).

Only time it was not ideal was during day 3 when it was raining and our feet got soaked.

Most porters do the trail barefoot so at the end of the day it's the hiker not the foot wear :)
lukeo

Hiking Kit

Postby helen ing » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

I am doing the 15 day Inca Panorama trip, and the paperwork says, to take bio~degradable toiletries. Where will I be able to buy these products and who makes them ? does anyone know ? It would be very helpful. Thanks.
Helen
helen ing

Previous

Return to South America