Alone in Peru? :)

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Postby Sabine » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:11 pm

I travelled Peru, Amazonia, Puno, Cuzco, Inca Trail Late October into the early half of November. I went solo. Was ecstatic that GAP sees each traveller as an individual, since I did not have another like-minded traveller to join up with. I had a blast, was matched up with a wonderful group of people. Very international. We had a little rain on the trail, and some in Puno. Did not have any negative impact on my trip. Just be ready for changing weather.
Would do it again in a heartbeat!
Sabine
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby Sabine » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:12 pm

I travelled Peru, Amazonia, Puno, Cuzco, Inca Trail Late October into the early half of November. I went solo. Was ecstatic that GAP sees each traveller as an individual, since I did not have another like-minded traveller to join up with. I had a blast, was matched up with a wonderful group of people. Very international. We had a little rain on the trail, and some in Puno. Did not have any negative impact on my trip. Just be ready for changing weather.
Would do it again in a heartbeat!
Sabine

Postby Krazy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 am

WOW!

Thanks for all the great responses guys.

Well, I have been thinking about this a lot, I am currently leaning towards the last 2 weeks of October. I would love to see some rain (big fan of that kind fo weather) but don't want to be flooded, and October seems to be right between the end of the dry season and the beginning of the rain.

As for solo travel, thank you for the encouraging words as well. I have a hard time getting any of the people I know to join me on such trips, so it is nice to know I will be taken care of regardless.

Thanks again everyone, I really appriecate all the feedback.
Krazy
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Previous

Return to South America