cycling in S.A.

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

cycling in S.A.

Postby ottawa4 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi! I've spent a while going through brochures & reading on line but not finding what I was looking for. Any suggestions for a trip in S.America with cycling, preferably Comfort & own room? Doesn't have to be all cycling and not an avid ride, but not just one downhill which is what I found? Thanks for any info!
ottawa4
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: cycling in S.A.

Postby graybeard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:59 pm

G is not primarily a bike tours company, though they do offer some. Perhaps try BikeTours Direct. They are clearinghouse for bike tours around the world, including some in Central and South America.
graybeard
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby ottawa4 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks graybeard. I've used other bike tour companies, but will check out BikeToursDirect. I'm finding it hard to get a tour with cycling in winter; lots the rest of the year!
ottawa4

Postby graybeard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:42 pm

So, you want to cycle in winter? Perhaps the (very) fat tire version of the Iiditarod might suit you. :lol: :o Those snow bike are amazing!
graybeard

Postby ottawa4 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am

I can cycle in winter where I live :wink: I want to cycle somewhere warm in winter which I have done, but hoping to visit South America and get a few days on the bike!
ottawa4

Return to South America