Alcatraz tour July (sold out?!)

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Alcatraz tour July (sold out?!)

Postby mmmandy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm doing the LA to SF express starting july 19th. When arriving in SF I have 2 more days there before I travel onwards. I really want to go to Alcatraz but now I noticed on the website that all tickets for July are completely sold out?!

Does G adventures offer an Alcatraz tour that you can book on the trip? Or is there any other way to get tickets?

I would be so bummed not being able to go when I'm there.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Mandy
mmmandy
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Alcatraz tour July (sold out?!)

Postby kcupp95 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:08 pm

There's only one way to get tickets and that's through Alcatraz Cruises. The website does say they can sell out a few weeks in advance, so I'm not surprised if they are sold out for the middle of summer vacation. You could always book a Bay cruise which sails past the island.
kcupp95
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby mmmandy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 am

Yeah ok, but my question was if G adventures offers any tours that include Alcatraz? Because they are in touch with a bunch of different tour operators who might still have a tour with Alcatraz included. And they might ask on the trip if anyone wants to do it and then you can book in. (At least, that was my experience with previous G trips: they tell you what you can do at a certain place, offer you a range of activities and then they book it for you).

Or should I just book a trip myself with some other company who provides a tour with Alcatraz?
mmmandy

Postby kcupp95 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:32 pm

mmmandy wrote:Yeah ok, but my question was if G adventures offers any tours that include Alcatraz? Because they are in touch with a bunch of different tour operators who might still have a tour with Alcatraz included. And they might ask on the trip if anyone wants to do it and then you can book in. (At least, that was my experience with previous G trips: they tell you what you can do at a certain place, offer you a range of activities and then they book it for you).

Or should I just book a trip myself with some other company who provides a tour with Alcatraz?

It's not listed on the optional activities, so probably not. Even if they were, the tickets are sold out, so G Adventures wouldn't be able to get tickets for you.

Alcatraz Cruises is the only company that provides tours on Alcatraz Island. Any other company you find are simply resellers for Alcatraz Cruises.
kcupp95

Return to North America