LA - SF express tour (Luggage question)

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

LA - SF express tour (Luggage question)

Postby bfellicious » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Me and 3 friends booked the LA – SF express tour in July. After the tour we are staying for 2 more weeks in the US, which means that we will need more ‘clothes and stuff’ than just for the tour.
On the website they say that they don’t recommend suitcases, but only backpacks/duffelbags or soft bags.
Does anyone have any advice on what kind of bag? Since we only will need to carry that to a hotel,camping grounds…

This is the bag I’m considering… is this a good one? It has wheels too

Thanks
bfellicious
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: LA - SF express tour (Luggage question)

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:52 am

I wouldn't recommend taking a lot more "clothes and stuff" ... maybe one or two outfits for going out but that's about it. What's the capacity of the duffel you linked? 80 liters? 100? 120? Assuming those are 2-inch (5 cm) webbing straps, that bag looks to be about 26 inches long by 14 inches high and I'm going to guess 14 inches wide which should be plenty big for your needs.

The double compartments are handy because you can put your little-used stuff in the bottom (e.g., nightclub clothes). Try to see if you can fit nearly everything you want in the bottom section and leave the top section mostly empty -- that will give you ample room for souvenirs and hopefully keep you from breaking your CEO's back.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Re: LA - SF express tour (Luggage question)

Postby kcupp95 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:09 am

bfellicious wrote:Hi everyone!

Me and 3 friends booked the LA – SF express tour in July. After the tour we are staying for 2 more weeks in the US, which means that we will need more ‘clothes and stuff’ than just for the tour.
Thanks

No you don't. It's called doing laundry. Bring a pair of jeans, 1 or 2 pairs of shorts, 5 tops that can go with either, a dress to wear out, pajamas, jumper/jacket, socks, swimming costume, sandals, joggers.

Decant your makeup into something smaller just bring powder, liner, mascara, lip gloss. Each bring something different so you can share. If bringing hair stuff, you don't all need to bring a straightener and a curler, just one or two people bring something.

You'll wear the same outfit over and over again, but that's okay you're on holidays.
kcupp95
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to North America