Average age?

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Average age?

Postby cherrypi » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi all

I've recently found this site and am considering a trip for next summer. I'm a little concerned as I haven't done anything like this before but at the same time want a completely different experience. One of my main worries though is that I'd be way older than other travellers and such would feel a little left out! I'll be 39 at the time of this trip.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Claire
cherrypi
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Average age?

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

There's lots of posts here regarding age! No worries, these trips are almost always a wide range of ages. I've been on several with G and the groups have included as young as 18 and as old as 74. What we all share is a love for this type of travel so age is irrelevant. Book now, you won't regret it!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby collywobbles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi

I have done 4 trips with g and the age group varies from 13 yrs old to 71 years. No matter what age you are you will still have a great time. It is nice to have a mix of ages . You get to learn about other people and their travel experiences if they have any or words of wisdom :lol: Book your trip and enjoy it . You definitely wont be too old I am older than you and Have just come back from Vietnam. Ages ranging 22yrs to 55yrs old. It was great.

cheers
:D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby georginal » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 pm

No worries, you'll probably end up being bang in the middle age wise. I'm a similar age and enjoyed clearly having more money and travel experience behind me than some of the younger travellers and could relate so some of the "older" (Sorry) ones as well.
Attitude over age, every time.
Enjoy...
georginal

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Don't worry cherrypi, I don't mind having younger women on the trip at all ... :lol:
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby vermontcathy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 pm

My husband and I did the Ecuador Multisport trip in September. I was 39 at the time and he's 45. We were the oldest ones on the trip (possibly because it was an active trip, with white water rafting, hiking, and biking). Some evenings, when going out, I felt a little under dressed - we packed very light and so I didn't pack skirts or other nice clothes. And the one night that we went to a bar, we stayed til 12:30am or so, but the others stayed til like 2 and then bought and brought alcohol back to the hotel. Some of them were looking a little green the next morning, whereas my husband and I were doing great. :) But really, all was well and we fit in just fine. As long as you are adventurous and somewhat young at heart (and in decent shape, if it is an active trip), you'll do just fine.
vermontcathy
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby jasonarmstrong » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

You may be significantly older than most of the other travelers you would end up traveling with, but the real question is whether or not that should even matter? You certainly aren't going to become younger so the odds of you being the same age as most of the people on the trip is little to none. The good news, however, is that you are probably going to find someone who is closer to your age which you can bond and travel with along the journey. Don't worry about the age, and instead focus on enjoying the journey at the young age of 39.
jasonarmstrong

Postby ballu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

At the age of 39, you will likely be middle of the pack when it comes to age...certainly not "significantly older" as another post suggested.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to North America