Coast to Coast Westbound, 29.08-23.09, about equipment

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Coast to Coast Westbound, 29.08-23.09, about equipment

Postby yyyrki » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 am

Hi there :)
It seems like this place is dead :mrgreen: , I can't find any discussion and question about this tour. And no replies but thousands of views.

Anyway
I'm going to this tour http://www.gadventures.com/trips/coast- ... NUYF/2013/
In this page there is no help button if I have some question.

:?: And I'd like to know do I need to take a map under sleeping bag with me, or our chief will give it to me coupled with tent?
I mean this one https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Fi3M ... 0/kar3.jpg
In Trip Details nothing mentioned about it:(

:?: Also I need the direct phone number of my chief, to call him after I will came to the hotel, but i'm afraid to call to the service to ask, cuz ashamed of my bad english speaking)

:?: And I'm sorry, but how much money do I need ? If I will not participate in every activities, drink some beer, buy some tourist stuff, about 1500$ is enough? How much did someone spend who was in this tour?

PS: And yes, I'm sorry, but anyone going on this trip? :?: :D
yyyrki
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Coast to Coast Westbound, 29.08-23.09, about equipment

Postby kcupp95 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:12 am

yyyrki wrote:Hi there :)
It seems like this place is dead :mrgreen: , I can't find any discussion and question about this tour. And no replies but thousands of views.

Anyway
I'm going to this tour http://www.gadventures.com/trips/coast- ... NUYF/2013/
In this page there is no help button if I have some question.

:?: And I'd like to know do I need to take a map under sleeping bag with me, or our chief will give it to me coupled with tent?
I mean this one https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Fi3M ... 0/kar3.jpg
In Trip Details nothing mentioned about it:(

:?: Also I need the direct phone number of my chief, to call him after I will came to the hotel, but i'm afraid to call to the service to ask, cuz ashamed of my bad english speaking)

:?: And I'm sorry, but how much money do I need ? If I will not participate in every activities, drink some beer, buy some tourist stuff, about 1500$ is enough? How much did someone spend who was in this tour?

PS: And yes, I'm sorry, but anyone going on this trip? :?: :D

Haven't done this tour but did a camping one in canada recently.

We were given sleeping mats and tents, had to bring our own sleeping bags.

When we arrived at the hotel, the welcome information message said to just leave a message at the front desk if we needed to contact the CEO otherwise there was a group meeting at 6pm.
Why do you think you'll need to contact the CEO when you arrive at the hotel??

I spent $700ish on a 2 week trip (for meals not included, white water rafting, horse riding, gondola ride, alcohol and snacks for the van. didn't buy any tourist items).

I would budget $500ish a week just to be on the safe side.

Did you read the trip notes? It gives you a thorough list of what to pack, the price list of all the optional activities and how much to bring for meals....
kcupp95
User Rank: Nomad

Postby yyyrki » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Okay, first of all thnx for answering :)

kcupp95 wrote:Why do you think you'll need to contact the CEO when you arrive at the hotel??

I just don't know what to do when I'll come to the hotel, and what time we'll meet. Trip notes only says: "Day 1, New York: Arrive to our hotel at any time. Welcome meeting in the evening." But after your answer I do know, I guess.

kcupp95 wrote:Did you read the trip notes? It gives you a thorough list of what to pack, the price list of all the optional activities and how much to bring for meals....

It's never enough :D

Did you pack your stuff in rucksack? Or just in a bag? what is more convenient? And did you take another one, a little less? to take something with you if go somewhere.

What van was it?
yyyrki

Postby kcupp95 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 am

yyyrki wrote:Okay, first of all thnx for answering :)

I just don't know what to do when I'll come to the hotel, and what time we'll meet. Trip notes only says: "Day 1, New York: Arrive to our hotel at any time. Welcome meeting in the evening." But after your answer I do know, I guess.

You have the day free in New York for yourself. When you check in to the hostel, they'll give you an information sheet with that says when/where the the welcome meeting will be

Did you pack your stuff in rucksack? Or just in a bag? what is more convenient? And did you take another one, a little less? to take something with you if go somewhere.

What van was it?

Take a backpack (like a backpacking backpack) - suitcases and trailers and camping dont mix. And have a day bag, like the one you'd have as your carry on for the plane for jumper, camera, lunch, water bottle, money etc during the day.

A 15 person van.
kcupp95

Return to North America