Canada Day and American Independance Day

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Canada Day and American Independance Day

Postby kcupp95 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey I'm going to be in Vancouver for Canada Day (01/07) and Washington D.C for 4th July any tips for celebrations/fireworks/parades for either of these two?

kcupp95
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Canada Day and American Independance Day

Postby onyx007 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:09 am

kcupp95 wrote:Hey I'm going to be in Vancouver for Canada Day (01/07) and Washington D.C for 4th July any tips for celebrations/fireworks/parades for either of these two?

I was never at any celebration in this cities, but as I know this two cities I would guess that
in Vancouver head to the Stanley Park (the firework might be in one of the harbours) and in Washington D.C. to "The Mall" (that's the big green between the Smithonian Museums).

Or just follow the people or ask in your hostel, where to go; I'm sure in this two cities the celebrations will be great. (I was for Canada Day some years ago in Calgary, and they had in the big park during the day a stage with concerts and in the evening a big musical firework display in the Olympic Park)
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby woychukb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:34 pm

For Canada Day it looks like Canada Place in Vancouver is an option: http://www.canadaday.canadaplace.ca/
woychukb
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:31 pm

The Mall is a good place to hang out on July 4th but make sure you take plenty of sunscreen. Security is generally pretty tight so don't count on bringing a huge backpack with you. Another place to watch is from the Pentagon parking lot -- you can take the Metro to the Pentagon stop then grab the escalator up, it will let you out along the river side.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to North America