Woman travelling alone, California june-july

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Woman travelling alone, California june-july

Postby karennorbakk91 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

Hi!
I am going to California on the 18th of june, and staying there untill the 11th of july.
Since my original partner ditched me, and I`ve always wanted to go, I decided to go solo.
So now Im going bymyself, age 21, to one of the biggest places in the world. (Im norwegian)
I am staying in Los Angeles for the 4 first nights, and then going on a gap adventure trip (or not) (The "Los angeles to San Fransisco adventure"), ending up in San Fransisco (maybe returning to LA).
I love indie music, cool places to hang, and to not follow the tourist trail.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I HAVE to see?
For the two first nights I`m in Venice Beach area, and then in West Hollywood.
How are the hostel communities, is it easy being social?
I concider myself very social, but you never know, and the travel jitters are closing in on me.
Appreciate all insiders tips or any suggestions! :D

- Karen
karennorbakk91
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Woman travelling alone, California june-july

Postby ghaandlykken » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:16 am

Hei! Jeg reiser også alene i sommer da jeg ikke fikk med meg noen, men selv har veldig lyst til å dra! Starter turen i San Diego, via LA og videre til San Francisco. Har du noen tips til hva jeg bør/kan se. Hosteller som ligger sentral og er ok, ev hvilke jeg bør styre unna. Alt av tips og råd mottas med takk. Selv er jeg litt eldre enn deg, 26 år, kvinne og veldig spent!
ghaandlykken

Return to North America